Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Birthday's are the best!

Ok, so over at ABC Toys and Crafts our theme for March is Birthdays! Julie was telling us that her birthday is March 6th and Leigh is the 5th and mine is March 14th! What are the odd that the 3 of us all have March Birthdays! So of course making birthday cards was a given and of course I love making birthday cards and sending them out, what a better way to put a smile on someone's face. The card is actually a little smaller than 5x 5. I am so tired of the cold and I have been sick with a cold too so I wanted to use something springy and fun. I used bashful blue as the base of the card and the DSP is K&Co Amy Butler pack. Aren't those blues and greens luscious together, mix in gray and oh so sweet. All 4 different prints are from the paper pack too. The image is stamped with momento black, it is Sarah Kay Picnic Daisies and colored with copic

markers. The gray cardstock is punched with MS double scallop border punch.





Of course, what can a birthday card be without some beautiful flowers! I added some stickles to the flowers to make them sparkle, I soooo love that little addition- don't you?


I hope you will come and join us with the challenge, you know you need those birthday cards, why not enter them to win goodies!

Heidi


5 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This card is adorable! Fabulous work, Heidi!

Rach said...

gorgeous hun, so pretty and i love those flowers.. hugs rachxx

Kim said...

Heidi this is absolutely fabulous! Love your cutie and your flower arrangement is awesome! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Sue said...

I love Sarah Kay and this card is so cute. I'm with you, out with the cold and in with SPring:)

Tammi said...

Pretty flowers and card Heidi! I'm so ready for spring/summer to get here. Two of my boys birthday's are this month, my youngest is tomorrow...he's at bootcamp at the moment, I'm sure he'll enjoy his day there, haha. ;)