Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Corrugated Art

Oh my gosh, this was fun! I was visiting Julee's blog last week and saw the card she made using handmade corrugated board and well, her card is beautiful so I had to give it a try and new right away which stamps I would use............... and quite honestly I LOVE it. I used the SU set Style Elements: the top layer was stamped in versamark and embossed and then I used marine mist and sponged over it along with antique linen distressed ink. I must say I spent alot of time distressing and inking to get it the way I wanted it. I also wanted to match up the openins so that the corrugated piece had an image on it. The next layer down is the actual corrugated piece and it is stamped with the roses in marine mist and olive and then I used the crimper- this piece is gorgeous, I have to try it with some other colors I tell you! WOW. A lot of paper shredding/tearing. Then I used the marine mist as the next layer- added a sentiment (ODBD) and that little die cut butterfly-
I had the corrugated paper and embossed paper left so I went ahead and made another card. I just could not let that go to waster. I have to thank Julee for showing me this technique- doesn't it just look so vintage? Yummy card.

Challenges: ODBD : recipe 2 die, sentiment, emboss
Cute card thursday: distress, Stamp Something: anything goes, Crafty Creation-anything goes, Cupcake Craft: garden find, Wild Orchid: sketch-Mum, creative inspiration paints- butterfly, Creatalicious: flourishes

14 comments:

sari said...

Hi Heidi!
Oh my goodness, these cards are so lovely,shabby & pretty! Love the colors and the sweet details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Virginia said...

This is really beautiful!

Marlena M. said...

Your card is beautiful. It almost looks like fabric!

Kelly_Deal said...

This is such a pretty card! Love the color and the serenity of it.
Kelly

louise said...

Oh wow what an amazing card love the soft colours and the sentiment,thankyou for joining us at Cupcake this week.
Louise xx

Faye said...

Oh how gorgeous! Love your in the garden element. Thanks for playint at Cupcake this week. x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

So soft, elegant and beautiful! I just love the blue and the background you created with all the texture. Gorgeous take on the ODBD challenge. Thanks for joining us this week!!

Sarah said...

Hi Heide, I saw your card on ODB and just had to come over and take a better look. Love, love the corrugated board! You did an awesome job, all the details are so amazing. If you wanted, you could also enter your card at Creative Inspirations Paint. We're being inspired by butterflies. Hugs, Sarah

Vanja said...

Beautiful card! thanks for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs
Vanja

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Heidi, your card is beyond words gorgeous!!! I love the softness of it and layout in general....it's just stunning!! THanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful butterfly against a beautiful background. Thanks for sharing your work in the Creative Inspirations Paints challenge.

~ Kendra ~ said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Paint!!


Kendra

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my word, Heidi! These are absolutely stunning! Love the colors and images you used. Gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS,such beautiful details and colours!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
Hugs xx