Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

True Friends

This is a card that I made for a get together with some friends. It is the True Friend set and then the paper that came out at the same time but now is retired from SU. I just love this set and the paper is just so perfect and I would have loved to see it in this new catty, it can go with so many of the current sets. But alas- it is not. I used moss for the nesties that I use on the front, it is actually a tri-folded card which is something a little different for me. Or shall I say I have not used this format in some time. I am trying to expand on the style of card as well as the set. And then you open the card the last time and you have a cute little spot to add your own message which I do a lot- leave them blank until I am ready to use them............. you too? It just gives me cards for use later plus I find if I make them for someone else they can put their own sentiments and it makes it more versatile- while I know some of you ladies feel it is not complete until it has the message. hee hee...........





Okay, and now I have to show you all some fabulous cards that i have received in the mail over the last couple of weeks. This first card I got from Shary, it came with a prize from a blog candy I won which was a alota stamp and some images. Is this card not the cutest?





This next card was sent to me by Christine for a Card Mingle that I joined on the Magnolia-licious group. She did a fabulous job putting this card together and there is a lot that she put into this card and I am very privaledged to have received this card from her. It is a large card and you could put it into a frame! Would that not be the sweetest?


Then this card is from Tina- I won a blog candy (how lucky am I?) on her blog and she sent met his card inside the package with the goodies, which were awesome by the way! But this card is so sweet- take a look at all the detail. Are the colors on this card not fabulous, shouts summer!


Oh! I am not done yet! This card is from Karen, we have become friends and did a little exchange and SHAME on me for not sending you a card girl. That will come next. I love these colors and I think that she knew I am partial to the little boy cards, this is a Hanglar and I shall cherish it.


I will add the links to the rest of their sites when I get to my other computer that has them all in my favorites. Do I not have some creative friends or what. Thank you all for these beautiful cards.

Heidi

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Your card is lovely. SU papers are so pretty.
Im glad you liked your card from me and I hope you are enjoying the stamp and images. :0)

Rach said...

Hi Heidi,
Your card is gorgeous You used such beautiful papers, the inside is just as lovely as the outside...
you have received some brilliant cards in the post, they all look wonderful.hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

Love you card Heidi...those papers are gorgeous, shame they are retired. Fabulous cards from your friends...nice to be so popular!
Have a great weekend.
Carole ;o)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is just gorgeous Heidi and I love the gorgeous papers. You received some really beautiful cards from your friends too, Hugs, Nikki x