Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

It's Your Birthday!

Well I don't know it if truly is YOUR birthday but it is my mom's birthday, "Happy Birthday Mom!" This Tilda card is being posted in honor of her birthday anyways. I just colored her with my SU markers (nope, have not broken down and bought those copics yet!). I used stickles on the cake and on the candles. The paper is from a paperpack that someone sent to me and I honestly do not know which one! I used my treading water punch for the scallop edge at the bottom. This is not a SU punch- it is fiskars and I got lucky and found 2 of them when I was in California last month so I bought both and kept one. The Happy Birthday is from SU Flexible Phrases. My card base is bazill textured pink. This might help you see the stickles a little better (you know you gotta see the details to truly get the card). I am loving this card, would it not be wonderful for a little girl's birthday, I mean, don't get me wrong my mother is a little girl at heart! tee hee..........
I also did this card for another reason though, it is for Friday Sketchers Blog. This is a new site just opened this week and they have a grou of ladies that will post a sketch each Friday. Sometimes they will even have prizes............ check it out. I am going to try and stay current and use the sketches weekly as inspiration. I also keep the sketches in a book that I can use later.
Oh and one last tidbit today- I got my July Scrap & Stamp Art and I have 2 cards being published in it! Is that not fun?
Have a wonderful Mother's Day ladies!
Heidi

13 comments:

Unknown said...

really cute and soooo lovely.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful card with lovely colors and stamp ! Very great work !

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

So cute, Heidi! Love that Tilda! Great job with the sketch!

Brocéliane said...

beautiful card with colours I love :) and this stamp is so cute:)

Sandy said...

Oh this is lovely. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card, enjoyed listening to your music too!!!

tracie said...

gorgeous and cute - i love your card, the colours are fab :-)x

Heidi said...

what a sweet card-love it

Hugs from
Heidi

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

absolute darling card.
i love your embellishments and your coloring.
thank you for participating in our first week -
i hope we will see you again on friday sketchers

Happy mothersday to you too -)

hugs

claudia

Mephisto said...

Great Card. So cute.
Domi

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

I was away for the weekend.... So I am a little late for leaving a comment. Great card, beautiful colors. Thans for joining in!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

very cute

Unknown said...

A wonderful cute card, in great colors!