Ok, I am taking a little hiatus from the Mother's Day cards because I really wanted to try this technique over on SCS this week and I wanted to use some images specific for sending out cards to friends.
So the background I embossed with my folder and then cut it out into the shape using my nestabilities. Then I painted the piece of embossed cardstock with paint daubers and let it dry, then took a piece of sandpaper and sanded off some of the paint. I then cleaned all the powder off, took my distress ink and sponged the entire piece. It actually made the entire piece brown but then I took a damp cloth and removed excess ink and the ink only stayed where it was distressed. The image is colored with copic markers. This card will go out to the lady that I am chemo angeling for since I have not mailed her a card in a week! (I am sorry).
If you want to try this technique check it out on SCS!