Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Little Boy's Toys!!!!



 Hello- I am so excited to share today's project with you all. I have a friend and co-worker that became a grandma in April and I wanted to make her something to cherish, something that would last and she would find useful to have on her coffee table. 


The paper is Crate Paper's Toy Box along with the chipboard embellishments that go along with the papers. I got book board from a local odds and ends store and it is from a publishing company- I covered with the DSP, sanded it and distressed with ink.   The front I personalize and put his name on it- Ryan. I thought the bottle caps were perfect nostalgic items!   

Each page has an embellished/altered side and then the other side is open for photos of the sweet little guy. I did add a few little chipboard items to the free page just so they didn't look so plain.  

I loved that I could pull in some vintage toys and games with this paper line. The chipboard pack has so many pieces in it and then you also get stickers that match up to them. I don't think that I even used 1/2 of the products that I had. 

So we all know that Bingo is back...... and I could not resist to include it here!  And what little boy doesn't love little plastic army men?  

This final page I personalized it again with a little reading card that I made on the computer and used Ryan's name.  Remember, and I might be dating myself here, but those reading cards with Dick and Jane?  

 Thanks for sharing in this wonderful project, I think that she truly loved it.  Heidi 

Challenges:   Stampendous Challenge- Gift Item

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!! Thanks for playing along in the Stampendous! May challenge!!!!

Anonymous said...

This book is incredible! You did a fantastic job layering in all those great Crate chipboard embellishments. I know your friend loved it : ) Thanks for visiting me in the shop!

Melinda Gleissner said...

What a wonderful gift! I love the design ( thanks for all of the inside views). It's great having you play along with us at Stampendous. Thank you.