Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Think outside the box

Hello friends!  Today I just wanted to do a quick post more of a little inspiration.  As many of you know I have been designing for Gina's Designs, these are beautiful chipboard laser cut pieces.  Now I love chipboard .....  what crafter doesn't once she gets into getting messy and "dressing" them up.  So I thought I would post about some quick reminders on decorating your chipboard!  I think that sometimes I forget all the options!  
 So these first two photos are of ideas for painting  your chipboard.  I pulled out my adirondek daubers and a paintbrush and went to town.  Now you could daub them but it didn't give me the texture I wanted.  You don't see this here but I also added some stickles to the word dream to give it a little sparkle.  
 This doily I wanted to have a little spritz of color vs the white it was so I pulled out my airbrush system and copics.  What is nice about this technique is that you can make it just a light shade of the color, a darker shade or a mixture of a couple colors (very pretty!).  The world is your pallete.  
This last photo is the chipboard covered with designer paper and embellished with buttons, ribbon and lace: 
 and a little inking along the edges.  

 Well I hope this little post gives you some inspiration to go out and alter and embellish your chipboard.  Check out what Gina has HERE.  Also- do tell, how do you dress up your chipboard????

Thanks for stopping !
Heidi

1 comment:

Shanna Shands said...

This is a great revamp for those who are new to chipboard!