Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy Day

Today I wanted to show you a little project that I did. When we were up north this summer my friend had a soap bottle on her sink that was so pretty: and I believe it was basically an olive oil bottle. So I remembered I has these this weekend and thought it was about time to pull them out and put some rub ons on them and actually use them (to think!).

So the rub on are the ones that were SAB ones from last year and I chose the olive ones because my kitchen is more of a sage but I figured they would go well together. I could not believe how quickly I was able to make this sweet little soap bottle. Even my husband was thrilled we could remove that unsightly bottle of "whatever brand it is" dish soap.

Now if you are wondering where to find these bottles, I got mine a long time ago at Craft2000 I think it was but I noticed that alot of those kitchen gadget stores in like outlet malls have them too! And they really are called olive oil bottles.

Here is a little closer picture of the bottle. I was thinking what kind of sentiment might I put on this little doo dad, because honestly I do not enjoy doing dishes. So I thought Happy Day might be appropriate. LOL!

With that- Happy Day to you all!
Heidi

6 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

This is adorable what a great idea and a great gift! Have a lovely day!

CarlaKH said...

great idea and this is so pretty!

Michelle Forrest said...

This is just adorable! What a great idea!

Julie Foote said...

Heidi, I love the bottle, I have a lot of the Stampin Up Rub-ons, what a great way to use them. ABC Misses you, I hope you have a great year!!! Hugs, Julie

Kathy said...

Fun project Heidi, great idea. I'll have to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

How very creative Heidi...super gift.
Hugs
Carole x