Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Vintage Cigar Box

Happy Sunday! So glad that you joined me today. We've been vacationing and I thought I would show you a project that I worked on and made for a secret pal. I love how it turned out. So Friday night I pulled out a cigar box that my FIL got at the local Smoker's Outlet and painted it. I wanted it to be vintage but wanted to make it sof as well. Last week I showed you the corrugated tecnique and I used it again on the top of this box. It looks fabulous, the pictures do not do it justice. Honestly, this is a blush color and I used the same SU set to add the flowers. The paper is Graphic 45 Springtime and you can pick it up over at ABC Toys and Crafts.


Lots of distressing, tearing, and more inking with . If you enjoy grungy, ink on your fingers- you MUST try this. The flowers on the top are from Wild Orchid and layered on the Magnolia vintage tag. Ok, so I know there are no pictures of the sides, all I did was put paper on them but look at the little feet I put on this? I took pink, cream and celery colored buttons and hot glued them together. This way the box sits up a little off the table. It looks so sweet!

Ok, so the next thing was...... what should I put IN the box? Well of course it had to match and be something useful. Plus I was looking for something that would not take me another 4 hours to do.... :) So this is a little notebook that I had picked up. I used the Graphic45 paperpack again. Then added a cream colored prima flower with lots of sparkle with stickles. I used a couple die for the flourish and leaves.

So that is it! A big project this weekend completed! Now if I could get the house cleaned! :) Have a great week all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the vintage style! The colors are so soft. This is very pretty.