Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Lace and Pearls, Vintage Goodness

 I have a secret "sister" that I wanted to make a special gift for and so this weekend I set to making this little box.  The paper is Life Stories and I got a bunch of laces from my mother around Christmas and had yet to pull them out and use them.  These are all cotton laces, the one is about 2.5 inches wide, one is a lace with just pearls and then I put an eyelet lace over the top- I think that it makes it look so vintage.  

I used my Gina's Designs Laser Filigree Frames pieces on the top of the box to highlight the sentiment and then of course to put a butterfly to flight.  The butterfly is all glittered with chunky golden glitter.  I didn't cover the frame at all, left it the kraft color that it was when I pulled it out of the package.  
 A little closer look at the top of the box, doesn't it look vintagy?  I do hope you will come back April 19th  for our first Gina's Designs Blog Hop.  There are going to be some wonderful give aways and if you've not tried out these lazer die cuts- you WILL want to win!

Heidi

4 comments:

Shanna Shands said...

Awesome box. I need to go to HL and get some altering products!

Sharon said...

Heidi that is absolutely stunning!!! Your SS will be very happy to receive this!

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Heidi! Here is the link you asked for. :)

http://kristieshelton.com/?p=595#more-595

xo,
Karen

Dawn Carlyle said...

Love, love, love this cigar box.... so beautiful!