Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tobacco or tags

Last year my father in law was on a "search" for me for cigar boxes, our local cigar store gave him this pretty cool wooden box and he gave it to me. I thought it would be so pretty altered and set it aside- that was a year ago. Well I am participating in a craft show and thought that it would be a wonderful item to display my stuff in but it looked pretty rough, I wish I had a photo of it before I altered it.This is the outside of the box and along the left side it was covered with stickers so I had to strip them off but of course I couldn't get all the white off. So I took some Tim Holz distress ink and stained it and it matches the color of the box almost exactly. I then used brown satin ribbon and wrapped it around the end of the lid and also the front side of the box. If you look closely at the box there is a door along the front that opens- by putting the satin ribon on it I could hold the door shut. I didnt hide the Toro label just because it is gold and I thought it looked good and I wanted to leave some of the authentic look.
And of course, this is the inside of the box. I didn't really do a whole lot with it. Once again their were white stickers all over the lid and so I got as much off and then stained the box but still wanted to add some "vintageness" to it. I got this Tim Holz paper this weekend and it is all old vintage holiday advertisements. So I divided them up some and put them on the top to cover all the areas: I distressed the edges some and then it was done. I put a towel and some toole' on the inside and will either put cards or christmas tags in it for the craft show.


Challenges:


ABC Challenge: Holidays

ODBD: Anything but a card




1 comment:

Mina said...

what a great idea Heidi...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx