Pages

Monday, April 30, 2007

Springtime fun!

Did we have another wonderful weekend or what? I find it so hard to stay inside and do projects when the weather is so beautiful so........ I try to sneak in some evening, after dark time to work on things. It is like I have to have my "fix" for the day or the evening shall I say.

So, this weekend I decided I would attempt another clipboard since I was thinking of doing a stamp camp and having an altered clipboard as one of my projects. So, this is a clipboard already in use- I use it at my desk for work. It was a plain brown one and I used some papers I had and of course, what other stamp set than office accoutrement. I am telling ya- I love this set still! I used egglplant as my coordinating paper, ink and grosgrain along with celery. I still want to do something to the clip part but not sure yet- maybe some more ribbons tied to it and a bit of goo gone! :) This will definately brighten up desk.

Then I thought to myself, lets do a little challenge and make a sympathy card. I wanted something pretty and tasteful. I actually find sympathy cards to be the hardest ones to make. I suppose it is because I always think a sympathy card should be sad- but really if you think about it- it should be peaceful and beautiful to make the recipient think of nice things. So I thought about it and this is what I came up with. I used my Close as a memory which I love and bought specifically to make these kinds of cards, eggplant (see a trend this weekend?), banana and celery. I used my linen background on the vanilla paper and then stamped the image over this. I also hung the saying with some ribbon with a knot in the end. I versamarked fun shapes to give the eggplant some image. Overall, I think it came out nice! I hope you enjoy it as well.
Have a great day!
heidi

No comments: