Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Thursday!

Today's card is one that I created with my SU paper and Verve Cross for the Verve November Challenge. The sketch did give me a little bit of a hard time and I went ahead and added the ribbon because I thought it looked too plain without it. And yes, that is crackled glass, that was our twist this week. I had not done it in some time and it really does take a few extra steps to do it but I like the outcome.

Should you want to do the crackled glass effect I used SU glaze embossing powder (or a UTEE product) and the versamark pad. I stamped/colored my image- cut my paper to the size I wanted it. I used the versamark and stamped it on my image making sure to get it totally covered- dipped in the glaze and then heat embossed it until it was completely shiny. I repeated these steps over 4x; so the glaze is very thick. I put it in the freezer for about 3 minutes and then I just shifted the image a bit to crack the glaze.

Have a great day! Heidi

3 comments:

Rach said...

gorgeous honey, love the cracked glass effect.. wonderful. hugs rachxx

Justine said...

This is stunning Heidi. What a great card

CarlaKH said...

oooh so pretty!